Major Light Makeover

Wow, I can’t believe it’s been since January since I have wrote a blog post. Time has definitely been moving too fast.

The last 2 months we have been dealing with sickness in our house, whether it’s my girls, myself or my husband. But, literally the last 2 months someone has been sick in our household I would say just about every day the last 60 days. And make that 61 days today. Jayde has had a fever and bad cough the last few days and is still under the weather. I am praying this is the last of sicknesses to hit our household for a while. Sometimes I take our health for granted and it’s at times like these that I realize just how lucky we are to be healthy on a regular basis.

I’ve been working on the baby room for the last few months and I think it is almost done!! I have about 6 weeks left and am getting so excited and anxious to meet our baby girl. Knowing that this could possibly be our last child makes me just want to soak up every moment leading up to her birth and after. Everything I wanted to do when I was pregnant with Jayde & Aubree, but maybe couldn’t because of finances, time or procrastination, I am making sure I do with this pregnancy since it may be my last one.

One of those things is her room. In the last few years I have really figured out my style when it comes to decorating so I knew exactly what I wanted to do with the baby room when I learned I was pregnant. Over the next few weeks I’ll be showing you my projects and eventually show you the room all-together!


I bought this brass chandelier at a garage sale last Summer for $5.00. It had been sitting in our storage room the last year and I knew with a little tlc it could be transformed into something beautiful.

First things first was to clean it with some windex and then paint it. I used a Zinnser spray paint primer. I knew that would stick to the light fixture well. After a couple coats of that, I let it dry for 24 hours before doing anything else to it.

A tip when spray painting a light fixture:  If you have any old burnt out light bulbs just leave them in your light fixture while spray painting it. This way you wont have to tape the socket part.

I found these beads at Hobby Lobby:


After hanging up the light fixture I just draped them across.


And here she is all finished! I LOVE this fixture and it cost me less than $20 to make.


I found the larger beads at Hobby Lobby for only a dollar each.


The chain covering was super simple to make.  All  you need is fabric and velcro. Measure how long the chain is that you need to cover and double that measurement. Cut your fabric out to that length. I made mine 4 in. wide. Simply put one piece of velcro on one side and the other part on the other side. Wrap it around your chain, attaching your velcro and you have a home made cover.

Hope you all are having a great week and thanks for stopping by!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s